Market Square, Shrewsbury - card posted 1909
The market square has been in this location for some time - it was moved from St Alkmund's Square around 1272. The Renaissance-style Market Hall was erected in 1596, built from Grinshill stone. The timber-framed building housed the Plough Inn.
Butcher Row, Shrewsbury - card posted 1912
Quarry Avenue, Shrewsbury - old postcard
Old Counties and Islands